Asia Newsire: Press releases on Asia
(AsiaNewsWire.Net, November 28, 2019 ) Market Overview
• Acute lung injury is a severe condition caused by acute hypoxemic respiratory failure. It is a crucial source of mortality and morbidity in critically ill patients without any evidence of hydrostatic pulmonary oedema. Symptoms seen in acute lung injury include severe shortness of breath, confusion, low blood pressure, and extreme tiredness.
• The major driving forces are the growing prevalence of lung-related diseases, increase in geriatric population, growth in awareness about health diagnostics, and technological advancements.
• The rising prevalence of lung-related diseases is expected to propel market growth. For instance, the Global Burden of Disease Study reported a prevalence of 251 million cases of COPD globally in 2016. WHO stated that about 65 million people suffer from the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and 3 million dies from it each year, making it the third leading cause of death worldwide. Around 334 million people will have asthma, the most common chronic disease of childhood, affecting 14% of all children worldwide. Pneumonia kills millions of people yearly and is a leading cause of death among children under five years old.
• The growing geriatric population is expected to boost the market growth. Many nations are facing challenges owing to the ongoing and the increasing demographic shift in age among the people. As per the Department of Economic and Social Affairs Population Division of United Nation, 2017, the world's population of 60 years will double and those of 80 years old will triple in the next 30 years. As per the World Health Organization, the number of people of 65 years or older is expected to increase to around 1.5 billion in 2050, with most of the increase in the developing countries. Thus, the increasing geriatric population, who are more prone to chronic illness, is driving the market.
Download free sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/acute-lung-injury-market
• Based on the therapy, the global acute lung injury market is segmented into pharmacotherapy, mechanical ventilation, fluid management, and others.
• The mechanical ventilation segment is expected to grow at a high rate over the forecast period, as it is the primary choice for the supportive treatment of patients with acute lung injury (ALI). It includes the delivery of air/oxygen at tidal volumes and frequencies to be enough to reduce the pressure on breathing with simultaneous progress in oxygenation. In case, if a patient requires lengthy mechanical ventilation, the tracheotomy process is suggested that permits stable airway, mobilization, and ease out the deterring of mechanical ventilation. Though extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) is not used extensively, it is in function for some instances.
Enquire Before Purchase: https://www.datamintelligence.com/enquiry/acute-lung-injury-market
• Geographically, the global acute lung injury market is segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
• North America is dominating the global acute lung injury market in 2018 and is estimated to hold significant market size over the forecast period (2019-2026) owing to the rising prevalence of acute lung injuries in the region.
• The key players operating in the global acute lung injury market are Altor BioScience Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Commence Bio, Inc., CompleGen, Inc., Histocell S.L., Windtree Therapeutics, Inc., Navigen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Silence Therapeutics plc, Quark Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• The key players are adopting various strategies such as product launches, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations, which are contributing to the growth of the acute lung injury market globally.
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at Data M Intelligence
Tel: +1 877 441 4866
+1 877 441 4866